Simple Ways To Nurture Your Personal Growth Garden | Terri Kozlowski
Have you ever thought about how you take care of your personal growth and mental or emotional well-being? Do you plan to sow seeds that benefit your mindset? Many don’t and try to fly by the seat of their pants, hoping for a decent result. But if you nurture your garden, you can foster a healthy foundation in which you can handle the unexpected and continue to thrive.
Plants need good soil, sun and water to thrive. You too need proper nutrition, plenty of sleep and ways to manage stress. Self-care practices help you maintain your garden, allowing you to deal with obstacles in order to be resilient. The daily grounding mechanism, setting appropriate personal boundaries, and making authentic connections are ways for you to plant the right seeds to help you overcome the unknown along the way.
It’s interesting how playing in the dirt reconnects you to nature, which is very grounded. Last weekend, I planted flowers and herbs on my patio. Digging my fingers into the soil, carefully covering the roots, and making sure there was enough water and sunlight reminded me how much everyone needs the earth to survive. And yet, many people are so disconnected from this and others because they don’t tend to their own spiritual garden within themselves.
Just as a gardener cultivates his plot, keeping it free of weeds and growing the flowers and fruits he needs, so a man can tend the garden of his mind, eliminating all false, unnecessary thoughts. and impure and cultivating towards perfection the flowers and fruits of righteous, useful and pure thoughts. -James Allen
The need for growth
If you are not growing, then you are stagnating. Growth allows you to become your authentic self, and when you delay your own growth, you allow the egoic mind to hold you back from living your dreams.
Don’t forget that your evolution forces you to step out of your comfort zone. This means that you will feel some discomfort as your ego tries to scare you away from moving towards your dreams, because it wants you to avoid the risk of taking a wrong step. But missteps are learning opportunities you need to grow. This progression requires you to be open to change, new ideas and different perspectives.
When you retard your development, you deny yourself. Your dreams drive you forward, but your egoic fears hold back your growth. Which further pushes back your happiness and the future you dream of living. You must find the courage within yourself to take action and move forward towards the goals you have and to embrace the process of growth as you strive for the evolutionary process.
Many people fail to care for their growth by staying in toxic relationships, clinging to outdated beliefs, not being authentic themselves, doing so many things that you don’t care about. -even or by remaining focused on the past. They stay in the shadows instead of going into the light, which is necessary to germinate creative seeds. It is your responsibility to grow and unlearn those behaviors that are holding you back.
You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons or the wind, but you can change yourself. -Jim Rohn
Take care of weeds
My definition of a weed is a plant that grows somewhere I don’t want it to. Many people think of dandelions as weeds, but to a bee they are a food source. And to a child they wish flowers. Perspective matters, even when you’re gardening.
But what about unwanted thoughts or situations that arise in the garden of your personal growth? Do you let them grow or do you tone them down? You see, when you see these intrusive thoughts as weeds in the garden of your life, you want to pull them out. But it does require you to know that these pansies are growing alongside the pretty roses you’ve planted.
Once you see these negative thoughts growing, pause and watch how it affects the flowers you have planted. It steals water and nutrients from the soil to help the intrusive thought grow. And if you don’t take care of this weed, it could overtake and kill the roses you want to bloom.
So, do you see how not dealing with egoic thoughts keeps you from reaching your full potential? Don’t let negative thoughts take over your garden. Take care of them by finding ways to mitigate them and plant new seeds that you want to grow in their place.
Creation does not fail to open the doors of the beyond to you. It is not the denial of creation that you struggle with. You struggle against the walls of resistance that you have built around you. –Sadguru
Take care of your indoor garden
Are you ready to tend to your inner garden of personal growth? It’s time for you to empower yourself to achieve your goals and live authentically. Here are seven ways for you to embrace your evolutionary process and watch your growth accelerate.
1. Be Aware – To grow, you must see clearly what lies ahead. Seek the truth. Understand who you are, your strengths and weaknesses, and where you want to go. You need to grasp the reality of your current situation, what you need to overcome, and look for creative ways to move forward into the life you desire.
2. Create an action plan – When you plan out the actions you are going to take moving forward, it helps quiet the scary ego chatter in your head. Why? Because the ego sees that you are aware of the potential risk and have developed a strategy to overcome them. Keep in mind that you want to take small steps so you don’t get overwhelmed, and that you’re building your confidence as you go. Be flexible and adjust as needed.
3. Water the seedlings – As you go, remember to celebrate the things that go well so that when things don’t go as planned, you can deal with them easily. Overcome discomfort by remembering what you’ve already overcome to get where you are. Look for the silver lining and focus on the things that move you forward, not the things that block you.
4. Adjust your perspective – No matter where you are on your journey, you’ve come a long way. Therefore, what looms on the horizon has changed. Therefore, you must modify your perception according to your current situation and the new knowledge you have acquired. Remember to ask questions and assess your current situation so you can evolve as needed.
5. Plant yourself around the right people – Just like surrounding plants, others can help or hinder growth, the wrong people in your life can make your garden full of weeds. Find your tribe that will help you grow by watering you when you’re dry, sharing their wisdom-filled nutrients, and helping you lean into the sun.
6. Give lots of sunny self-care – Whether it’s moving your body, doing grounding exercises, supplying your body with nutrients, or resting, self-care habits are the sunshine you need. need to maintain your garden.
7. Variety of Plants – Do you like that purple flower but it doesn’t quite fit into your plan? Add it anyway. When you find something you really like, give it a try because it’s a great way to grow and grow. Novelty and adventure are fun ways to add variety to your life.
In order to be well-informed in these changing times, we must pursue a constant program of self-improvement, an endless journey into new areas of knowledge and learning. -Og Mandino
Moving forward Maintaining your garden
Becoming your authentic self is an ongoing process that requires you to be aware of the growth you need to make. Therefore, avoiding or delaying the need to attend to your personal development means that you prolong your dreams of being your reality.
I know you want to build the life of your dreams. Everyone does it. So, give yourself time to attend to your inner growth. Become aware so you can create a plan of action. Water the seedlings, adjust your perspective, and plant yourself around the right people to help you thrive. Add variety to your garden and enjoy plenty of sunshine with your self-care routine.
This personal growth journey will have some twists and turns. But when you face new challenges, enjoy the experience and make the most of what life has to offer. Learn from missteps and see the growth increase as you move forward living a happy life.
If you are moving forward in your life. If you progress personally, professionally, emotionally and spiritually, you will be happy. -Tony Robbins
As you become more mindful of how you nurture your personal growth garden, you can alter the course of your life.
Do you need help determining what you want your garden to look like? Are you looking for support in learning how to deal with the weed of intrusive thoughts? Do you want a strategy to help you create an extraordinary life? If so, contact me and we can work out an action plan so that you can take care of your garden and live an authentic life.
To find out how I nurtured my own garden and became a more authentic version of myself, you can do so by reading my book, Raven Transcending Fear, available on Amazon or you can go to RavenTranscendingFear.com for more. information.