COVID-19 Testing Locations | Coronavirus
COVID-19 testing resources are available throughout the north of the country. Find out how to get free at-home COVID tests, where to get tested in your county below, and how to get isolation/quarantine documents below.
If we’re missing a test location or if any information needs updating, email email@example.com.
FREE HOME TESTS
• You can now order four free at-home COVID tests from the federal government at covidtests.gov or by calling 1-800-232-0233. There is a limit of one order per residential address.
The Clinton County Health Department recommends residents go to tinyurl.com/yxxfmj5u for information on the state’s approach to isolation and quarantine, or if they need documentation isolation or quarantine.
• Champlain Family Health, 828 Route 11 in Champlain. Testing for current patients only. Appointment required by phone at 518-298-2691. Insurance costs billed or paid.
• Champlain Valley Educational Services, 518 Rugar Street in Plattsburgh. Testing K-12 students and staff only. For more information on how to schedule an appointment, visit cves.org/covid-19-testing-information/.
• Clinton County Health Department, 133 Margaret St. in Plattsburgh. Free testing from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only available to those without insurance or a primary care provider. CCHD does not test travellers. Appointment required by phone at 518-565-4848.
• Pharmacy Condo, 28 Montcalm Avenue in Plattsburgh. Appointment required; online registration only at condopharmacy.com. Cost varies by test ($65 for antigen test, $125 for molecular NAAT test, $150 for PCR test). Insurance costs billed or paid.
• Corner Stone Drug & Gift, 72 Champlain Street in Rouses Point. Appointment required; online registration only at cornerstonedrug.com. Cost varies by test ($65 for antigen test, $150 for molecular and PCR testing). Reimbursable expenses.
• Keeseville Pharmacy, 1730 Front Street in Keeseville. Appointment required; online registration only at keesevillerx.com. Curbside testing only. Cost varies by test ($65 antigen test, $150 PCR test). Reimbursable expenses or Medicaid insurance only. Cash only.
• Kinney Pharmacy, 112 New York Road and 288 Cornelia St. in Plattsburgh. Free drive-through testing for asymptomatic people only. Appointment required; online registration only at kinneydrugs.com. ID and proof required.
• Maggy Pharmacy, 1165 Route 374 in Dannemora. Testing available seven days a week. Appointments can be made online at maggypharmacy.net. Walk-ins are accepted and advised to call ahead at 518-492-7130; additional charges apply and are based on availability. Cost varies by test ($65 rapid antigen test, $150 molecular and PCR testing, $150 walk-in). Reimbursable expenses. Results in 35 to 40 minutes.
• Mountain View Pediatrics, 18 Feathers Drive in Plattsburgh. Only test current established pediatric patients. Appointment required by phone at 518-324-2040. Curbside check-in, call upon arrival. Insurance billed.
• Plattsburgh Family Health, 87 Plaza Boulevard in Plattsburgh. Test current patients only. Appointment required by phone at 518-536-7060. Symptomatic testing in outdoor tent, asymptomatics please call first. Insurance billed.
• Plattsburgh Medical Care, 675 Route 3 in Plattsburgh. Appointments accepted by phone at 518-566-0672; walk-in welcome. Symptomatic or exposed people should check in at the curb and are asked to call first. Rapid antigen tests cost $35, and PCR tests are also available.
• SUNY Plattsburgh Community Testing Site, Adirondack Hall, 51 Sanborn Ave. State-run site that offers free testing from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays. Make an appointment at tinyurl.com/5n8ubub4.
• University of Vermont Health Network, Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital site, 23 Hammond Lane in Plattsburgh. Purchase order required; appointment required by calling 518-314-3278 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. seven days a week.
• Walgreens, 301 Cornelia St. in Plattsburgh and 887 State Route 11 in Champlain. Free driving tests by appointment only; online registration only at walgreens.com/COVID19testing. Identification and phone number required.
• WellNow Emergency Care, 474 Route 3 in Plattsburgh. Preferred dates; register online at wellnow.com. Please call 518-536-3071 upon arrival. Walk-ins accepted if available. Insurance costs billed or paid. PCR tests available.
The Essex County Health Department is directing county residents who need to report positive COVID test results at home, who need documentation of isolation or quarantine, or who need a release from isolation visit tinyurl.com/ymuazet6.
• Adirondack Apothecary, 4315 Main St. in Port Henry. Curbside tryouts by appointment at adk.timetap.com. Cost varies by test ($65 rapid antigen test, $96 molecular test). Insurance costs billed or paid.
• Kinney Drugs, 1954 Saranac Ave. in Lake Placid and 7550 Court St. in Elizabethtown. Free drive-through testing for asymptomatic people only. Appointment required; online registration only at kinneydrugs.com. ID and proof required.
• Moriah Health Center, 33 Tom Phelps Lane in Mineville. Appointment required by phone at 518-942-7123.
• North Country Community College Ticonderoga Campus, 11 Hawkeye Trail, Room 217. Offers free PCR testing from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Fridays. Make an appointment at tinyurl.com/5n8zxj2e. Results available in 48 to 72 hours.
• Schroon Lake Health Centre, 24 Fairfield Avenue in Schroon Lake. Appointment required by phone at 518-532-7120.
• Ticonderoga Health Center, 101 Adirondack Drive, Suite 2 in Ticonderoga. Appointment required by phone at 518-585-6708.
• Walgreens, 2140 Saranac Ave. in Lake Placid and 1161 State Route 9N in Ticonderoga. Free tests by appointment only; online registration only at walgreens.com/COVID19testing. Identification and phone number required.
• Westport VA Clinic, 7426 State Route 9N in Westport.
Franklin County Public Health directs county residents who must report positive COVID test results at home, obtain health orders to enter or remain in isolation/quarantine, or obtain affirmations of release from isolation or quarantine to go to tinyurl.com/2p98xzah.
• Adirondack Health, 2233 State Route 86 in Saranac Lake. Appointment required by phone at 518-897-2462. Insurance billed with doctor’s prescription, otherwise it costs $80.
• Kinney Drugs, 3400 State Route 11 in Malone and 277 Broadway in Saranac Lake. Free drive-through testing for asymptomatic people only. Appointment required; online registration only at kinneydrugs.com. ID and proof required.
• Mountain Medical, 3372 State Route 11 in Malone (518-897-1000) and 354 Broadway in Saranac Lake (518-521-3322). No appointment is necessary, per website. PCR, rapid PCR and rapid antigen tests available. Insurance billed.
• New York State site at the former Nickels Redemption Center, 201 West Main St. in Malone. Free tests on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Sign up at appointment.bioreference.com/nystatecovidtesting.
• University of Vermont Health Network, Alice Hyde Medical Center, 24 Fourth St. in Malone. Purchase order required; appointment required by phone at 518-483-3000. Asymptomatic tested in hospital, symptomatic tested curbside. Insurance billed; the cost is around $108 without insurance.
• Walgreens, 305 W. Main St. in Malone. Free tests by appointment only; online registration only at walgreens.com/COVID19testing. Identification and phone number required.
ST. REGIS MOHAWK TRIBE
Tribal members who test positive using a home test kit can report the results to SRMT contact tracers at 518-333-0230, Franklin County Public Health using the information below. above or to St. Lawrence County Public Health at 315-386-2325.
• St. Regis Mohawk Tribe Health Services, 404 State Route 37 in Akwesasne. PCR testing available 9 a.m. to noon (or while supplies last) Mondays and Thursdays. Use the road across from the intersection of State Route 37 and McGee Road and follow the signs to test the garage.
Health Services distributes free in-home COVID tests from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesdays at the same location.