6 places in Cork where you can catch a pop-up circus act this month
The Pitch’d Circus Arts and Street Arts Festival is back on the streets of Cork until September 25th and performers from Circus Factory will be bringing the magic out of the marquee and into fun venues over the next few days.
For the fifth part of the festival, they invite the public to meet friends while having the craic while trying hula hooping, to admire an acrobat who turns over and collapses and to laugh with the children in front of idiotic characters.
In addition to a number of paid shows and events (you can read more about these here), you can expect pop-up fun at the following locations:
- Marina Market: September 17: 1:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. – FREE
- Quai des Lapons: September 17: 1:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. – FREE
- Quai des Lapons: September 18: 1 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. – FREE
- Cornmarket Street: September 23: 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. – FREE
- Douglas Street: September 25: 1:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. – FREE
- Macroom Food Fest: September 25: 1:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. – FREE
If you’re into the clown business (or involved in any part of the entertainment industry in Ireland), the Circus Factory is hosting a networking brunch where you can join the group to talk about the industry as part of of the Pitch’d Festival 2022.
Kicking off at 11 a.m. on Sunday morning September 18 at Tequila Jack, you can drop by for coffee and pastries and meet new friends and collaborators.
Register for the free event here.